Seriously being home on a Sunday evening especially if you have to make dinner is not cool at all. Whats even worse is that my fridge was empty, no sausages(quickest stew to make) and I had no pasta. Most Sundays even if we are home in the evening, we always eat a heavy lunch and end up having no dinner. Seeing as we had some take away KFC that day, dinner was a must. The will power it took to make dinner was hard. So the only thing I had was some Italian spinach my husband had bought instead of Lettuce and some mushrooms. Then I found some pasta tubes in the pantry I had forgotten were there and all of a sudden so many ideas came to me. At first, I thought I should stuff the tubes and make a bechamel sauce, pour over the pasta and bake, but yaaaa I was too lazy to do all that. So I decided to boil the tubes then cut them up. If I could the title of this dish would have been Leftover chicken with mushrooms and spinach pasta…too darn long for a title. Either way, this dish is delicious and super easy to make.
|Serves: 2||Cook Time: 20 minutes|
10 pasta tubes
1 medium onion
1 clove garlic
200g button mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp flour
Leftover KFC chicken, skin removed and shredded
2 tsp cream cheese
1/2 cup cream/milk
Bunch Italian spinach
Salt and pepper
1/2 Tsp Paprika
- Boil the pasta tubes for 7-10 minutes and cut into desired size.
- Put some oil in a pan and add the onion, cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and 1 teaspoon of butter(optional) and cook until browned. Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms, mix well and cook until flour is not visible. Season with salt and pepper and add the leftover chicken. Cook for about 2 minutes then add cream cheese and paprika, stir to mix completely.
- Add the cream/milk and let it come to a boil, add the spinach and cook for 4-5 minutes. 3 minutes before it is ready add the pasta. Cook until spinach is done.
- Garnish with basil and serve immediately.